- educationneverending reblogged this from teachersworldwide and added:
- wedding-dress-bridal likes this
- megat reblogged this from teachersworldwide
- themarcoharder likes this
- allisonunsupervised likes this
- teachersworldwide posted this
The Thai government has embarked on an ambitious nationwide programme to teach English at least once a week in all state schools as part of the new 2012 English Speaking Year project.
The initiative is intended to ease Thailand’s entry into the Asean community in 2015, when southeast Asia becomes one economic zone and a universal language is required for communication and business.
The project will focus on speaking English rather than studying its grammar, with teachers provided training through media modules and partnerships with foreign institutions, including English-language schools, according to Thailand’s education ministry. (via Thai schools urged to boost speaking | Education | Guardian Weekly)